1. This Agreement is a rent agreement and the LESSEE shall not have or acquire any right, title, or interest in or to the Vehicle, except the right to use or operate it as provided herein. The Vehicle rented under this Agreement is totally owned by the LESSOR.
2. The LESSEE shall inspect the Vehicle before taking delivery of the Vehicle, and by taking delivery of the Vehicle the LESSEE acknowledges that the Vehicle is suitable for the purpose for which it is being rented.
3. The LESSEE is required to have a valid driving license throughout the duration of the rent. A Qatari driving license is a must in case the LESSEE holds a Qatari ID. International driving license are valid as per the Qatari applicable laws and regulations in this respect
4. During the duration of this Agreement and under no circumstances shall the Vehicle be used, operated or driven: A)In case of invalid or withheld driving licenses of the end user for any reason B) Under the Influence of Alcohol or Narcotics (Damages / Accidents arising from the same will be charged in full) C) For the transportation of persons or property for remuneration or reward either expresses or implied D) By any person, in any race, speed test, contest or experiment E) To propel or tow any Vehicle or trailer - Outside the State of Qatar. By any person except the LESSEE or any other person authorized expressly by the LESSEE F) Without respecting any warranty or guarantee given by the manufacturer, agent or dealer of the Vehicle G) In violation or contravention of any enforceable Qatar Law, statute, ordinance, regulation or order.
5. The LESSEE may not part with possession of, or abandon the Vehicle.
6. The LESSOR has the right, at any time and without providing any reasons, to terminate this Agreement prior to its end date. In such case, the LESSEE shall immediately return back the Vehicle, and the LESSOR shall not be liable for any loss or damage sustained or may be sustained by the LESSEE as a result of such demand.
7. The LESSOR shall not be liable for any loss or damage to any property left, stored or transported by the LESSEE or any other person in the Vehicle either before or after the return of the Vehicle.
8. The LESSEE is solely responsible and liable in full for penalties, fines, expenses and forfeitures imposed for violations of any governmental regulation or law, ordinance or a rule or regulation of an insurance policy. All traffic fines and violations that may occur when the Vehicle is under the possession of the LESSEE should be charged and the points applied (If any) to the LESSEE. All these penalties and expenses that the LESSOR pays on behalf of the LESSEE will be recovered from the latter.
9. The LESSEE shall defend, indemnify and hold the LESSOR harmless from any and against all losses, damages, injuries, claims, demands, and expenses arising out of or in connection with the Vehicle during this Agreement or any renewal thereto
10. The LESSEE shall be responsible for fuel and routine daily checkups for levels. The LESSEE shall be liable for all cost of repairs resulting from failure to do so and the misuse of the Vehicle.
11. All vehicles are equipped with a labeled Sticker that shows the next periodic service interval. Failure to return the Vehicle for periodic maintenance at due time would be chargeable.
12.The LESSOR shall carry out at its own cost all maintenance works including periodical services. Any repair that is required due to the misuse / negligence of the LESSEE will be charged to the LESSEE.
13. The LESSEE should not make any alterations to the Vehicle.
14. The LESSEE is requested not to perform, allow or permit any kind of repairs to the Vehicle and in case the repair(s) do not meet the LESSOR’s standards, it would be replaced by the LESSOR and the complete cost for new parts and garages would be chargeable to the LESSEE.
15. A replacement vehicle of the same category will be provided to the LESSEE when the rented Vehicle requires a long service duration, or in case of breakdown or accident repair. In such case, the same Terms and Conditions of this Agreement should be applicable.
16. All the costs and expenses related to the misuse of the Vehicle originated by repairs for the following instances will be charged to the LESSEE based on the garages actual cost (in case the insurance cannot be claimed); may be defined (but not limited to) as instances of Misuse: A) Paint damages / Sand blast / Tyre Breakage / Seat Stains / Cigarette Burns / damage to the integral parts of the vehicle. B) Off-Road driving (Sand Dunes, Rocky Deserts, Sea Water and Sea Beaches etc). C) Smoking in the car is prohibited and chargeable at QAR. 500. D) Driving inside high level waters causing water absorption into the engine, destroying pistons and connecting rods. E) Skipping the service interval of 10.000 KM. Chargeable based on garage report. F) Pulling / towing other vehicle or trailers.
17. In case, the LESSEE does not return the Vehicle on the agreed time for technical inspection or registration Renewal, the LESSEE is liable to pay QAR 500 for each inspection/registration renewal.
18. A) In the event of an accident, the LESSEE must not move the Vehicle from the scene of the accident before the arrival of the Police to make a report of the accident, unless advised by the authorities. B) The LESSEE hereby undertakes to immediately inform the LESSOR of any accident which occurs during the rental period to officials and attending the police station (if required). C) The LESSEE shall also be required to provide all necessary assistance to the LESSOR in completing the insurance claim request to the insurance provider and to deliver to the LESSOR the police report and the repair order. The LESSEE shall pay to the LESSOR all rental charges herein, until such time the police reports are delivered or shall notify the LESSOR in writing and obtain acknowledgment for such writing from LESSOR if no police report is available. D) Replacement Vehicle in case of damage will be provided only if the LESSEE submits the required police reports. E) In the event that any costs incurred in repairing the damages to the Vehicle are not recovered from the insurance provider or manufacturer by warranty, the LESSEE shall be liable to bear such costs paid by LESSOR to reinstate the Vehicle to its original state. The LESSEE shall also be required to pay any deductibles that may be payable by the LESSOR. F) The LESSEE is liable to pay for the excess insurance charges / claims for each accident in which the Vehicle may be involved. G) In the event that the Vehicle is lost or stolen or destroyed and/or damaged beyond economic repair, any loss incurred by the LESSOR as a result of such events and not recovered from the insurance providers for the said Vehicle, for any reason, shall be paid by the LESSEE to the LESSOR. H) In the instance of Total Loss or cancellation (vehicle rendered unfit for usage), the LESSEE is liable to pay for insurance claims. In case the Insurance Company declines the claim for any damages or accidents or total loss, the LESSEE would be liable to pay for the charges in full. I) The LESSEE may be liable to pay the rental charges for the period for which the Vehicle is in for repairs related to accidents. Additionally, the LESSEE may also be liable to pay rental charges for the replacement which will be considered as continuation of the original agreement.
19. In case of premature termination of this Agreement prior to its end date, the LESSEE is liable to pay a percentage that should be solely determined by the LESSOR as cancellation fee for the remaining rental charges.
20. In case of premature termination of short term rental contracts, such as weekly and monthly rentals, the forerunning hire rate would be applicable. (Ex: Monthly rental’s closed prematurely, would be charged at the weekly rate. Weekly rental’s closed prematurely, would be charged at the daily hire rate).
21. The Rent Rates should be paid by the LESSEE as mentioned in the Particulars Section.
22. The LESSEE agrees to pay the rent rates without deduction, setoff, or counter claim. If the delivery date is other than the first or the last day of the month, the monthly rate shall be prorated for that month.
23. The LESSEE authorizes the LESSOR to present any payments / guarantees that the LESSEE has provided (by credit card / Cheques / PDCs) and applies the proceeds of such in discharging any amounts payable under the Agreement.
24. The LESSOR's acceptance of any partial payment of any Rental(s) which are due does not constitute a waiver of any of its rights to full payment.
25. If the LESSEE returns the Vehicle four (4) hours after the original deadline to return the Vehicle, it would be charged as a full day’s rental.
26. Upon completion of the rent period, the LESSEE shall return the Vehicle to the LESSOR in the same condition as when he took possession of it. In the case where the LESSEE fails to deliver the Vehicle at the end of the specified rent period, the LESSEE shall pay an additional QAR 200 for each day of delay plus any maintenance and damage repair costs to be assessed by the LESSOR.
27.A. Personal accident covers are subject to the terms and conditions of the Insurance Policy. B) All vehicles and passengers are provided with Comprehensive Insurance which includes Driver and passenger insurance. The LESSOR agrees to procure and keep in force during the period of the rental a valid insurance policy for the Vehicle and passengers. C) Such insurance will cover liability to all third parties, including passengers travelling in the Vehicle and the driver and the proceeds payable by the insurance company will be in accordance with the directives of the government of Qatar, the ministry of interior, the traffic department in force at the time of any accident giving rise to a claim. D) The LESSEE, their agents or employees shall comply with the terms and conditions of the said insurance policy, including the immediate reporting of all thefts and accidents to the LESSOR, accompanied by a police accident report, and to do all things necessary or proper to protect and preserve the LESSOR’s rights as a named insured in said insurance policies. E) Insurance will not cover accidents on construction sites or sand/desert dunes, or caused by jumping on red light, driving opposite on a one way road, driving under influence of alcohol or narcotics, driving without a valid driving license, illegal towing. F) The LESSEE is liable to pay for excess insurance charges (for accidents) or total Loss / cancellation (Vehicle rendered unfit for usage) charges if the LESSEE is at fault. G) In case the Insurance Company declines the LESSOR’s claim for any damages or accidents or total loss, the LESSEE should be liable to pay for the total charges.
28. If the LESSEE wishes to renew the rental period he should inform the LESSOR by giving the latter a prior 3 days’ notice in writing. This Agreement cannot be renewed for another period unless agreed in writing by the LESSOR. The Agreement will be renewed under the same terms and conditions provided for herein, unless the LESSOR decides to change the rental rates or any other condition.
29. In the event where the LESSEE breaches any of its obligations under this Agreement, or in case of death, declaration of bankruptcy or liquidation of the LESSEE, the LESSOR has the right to terminate this Agreement immediately without the need to a court recourse or any other legal procedure, and the LESSEE shall in this event return the Vehicle immediately to the LESSOR. If the LESSEE failed to return the Vehicle within 5 days of receiving a notice in this regard, the LESSEE shall be considered as retaining the Vehicle illegally by force, and the LESSOR shall have the right to consider all means available to it by law to protect its interest, including reverting to legal actions.
30. This Agreement shall be governed by the applicable laws in the State of Qatar, and the courts of Qatar shall be the competent courts to settle any conflict between the parties regarding the implementation and the execution of this Agreement.